• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Walruson

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Picking up a Knight's Armament rear micro tomorrow. Gotta find me a front sight now.

I have the micro rear sight. The only complaint I have about it is that the eye piece picks up a lot of shine, depending on your lighting, when you are looking through the peephole. Other than that, it is solid.

Who did the grip stippling.

I did. Even the dremel-ing. The stippling took forever.

Also, I flattened out of the trigger along it's centerline, and definitely made it a billion times better than the stock shape.

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I haven't done anything the past few days, since I've been out of town. Tonight I may install the new grips on my Tanfo. Or I may wait until my new magwell gets here. I tried installing the extended basepads I received last week, but they don't seem to fit correctly. I've got an email into the manufacturer, but haven't heard back yet. In the meantime, here are some crappy photos:

20150519_202350_zpsqszgrym3.jpg

20150519_202432_zpsnfpxb88l.jpg

20150519_203324_zps0nf1hhls.jpg

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    how bad is it gonna suck to lose to production guns with that thing? Not me, mind you...I suck. But some of those production guys can shoot!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So my magwell got here today (along with a lot of other parts that will be installed some point soon), so I went ahead and put it and the new grips on.

20150526_191515_zpsh6zotzky.jpg

20150526_191557_zpsaylpxyat.jpg

Skippy02

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So my magwell got here today (along with a lot of other parts that will be installed some point soon), so I went ahead and put it and the new grips on.

20150526_191515_zpsh6zotzky.jpg

20150526_191557_zpsaylpxyat.jpg
    Looks more and more like Han's blaster, you going to solve the eternal question of who shot first???

sent from this crazy cyber space place

Jeff

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    thats a lot of metal.

pff09...the doo-dad on the left side is a thumbrest. helps with location, helps steady under recoil, helps in pointing, but limits the classification you can run this pistol within during certain comps. Also looks like an oversize safety/decoker as well as a large magazine release. I'm sure you know what the magazine well on the bottom is and its function, but if not, it opens up the bottom of the magazine slot for quicker and easier reloads which generally necessitates extended magazine baseplates, which in turn adds capacity to magazines.

that help?

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    had somewhat forgotten I still had another set of JP springs and an adjustable pistol grip screw to perform another AR trigger job (Tennjeeps $35 trigger job). Mirror polished the trigger group, installed the springs, and assembled back together...or so I had thought. The Aero Precision (early model) lower receiver wasnt allowing the grip screw to screw in all the way. I'm sure there's other ways around it, but I ended up drilling the receiver from the inside opening the grip screw hole larger on the top size, from the top side, as to not damager the receivers threads. This was the first I've run into this as none of my others receivers had this problem. Went without issue and was able to complete the trigger installation. Super smooth and short crisp pull.

Top Bottom