• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I went up to Vinegar Bend to get some practice in this morning. I spent a lot of time with my Limited gun and a little bit of time with my Carry Optics gun. I need to concentrate on Limited, but I fell in love with Carry Optics once again.

I also decided to trade my Gen 5 G17 for a Gen 4. I found out today that the Gen 5 doesn't like my handloads. Either the chamber is tighter or the throat isn't as long as the older generations, because all of my rounds get stuck in the chamber.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I saw on Glock Talk, NO lead in the gen 5 and the barrel is different, so I can understand why it may not like your reloads

The rifling looks more like traditional lands and grooves than the polygonal rifling of other Glock barrels. I don't shoot lead bullets and all my handloads are loaded short enough for my CZ, so they should be short enough for most any other gun out there. But for whatever reason my rounds don't want to plunk or eject by hand. Maybe it's the profile of my particular bullets. They work great in all of my other Glocks.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Awwwwwwwwah maaaaaan !!!
    I would have gladly traded you a 10 shot Glock 17 mag if you were willing to kick in some dough. --- SAWMAN

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would've offered an XD mag WITH a matching grip sleeve for the Mod2, but "The Man" got it. Damn TSA actually doing their job and shit. Cost me my first Open Gun.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom