• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sent a msg to SIG asking:

How do I get the adaptor to use the MCX upper on the AR lower? I want to put a MCX pistol upper on a SBR registered AR lower. The adaptor allows for the use of SIG buttstocks and holds the recoil springs and rods in the upper.

Is the adaptor required? One SIG commercial shows it being used and the newer commercial (viewed this week) doesn't show it being used on the AR lower. Looks too dangerous to not use the adaptor with the resulting unsecured op rod springs and rods aimed right at the shooter's face.

Why is the original MCX advertised as a 50,000 round firearm and the improved version, the Virtus, only rated at 20,000 round before parts replacement? I suggested they show this to their marketing people.

How do I get the taper cap adaptor to mount a non-SIG suppressor on the MCX 5.56 bbl?

How do I get the trip lever that allows the MCX upper to function full auto on the M16 lower? The uppers are already cut for the trip lever. The SIG bolt carrier, upon going forward, pulls the trip lever which then pulls the auto sear if the selector is set to AUTO.

FWIW, the msg was sent direct to a SIG employee who just posted a video saying send questions directly to him.

Well, I actually got a REPLY from SIG. Note that I did not say I got ANSWERS to all my questions! Don't you just hate it when your question is not answered or you get an answer instead to a question you didn't ask?

1) An adaptor to use the MCX upper on an AR lower is required. One answer I got implies to me that if you buy an upper you get the adaptor ("The uppers all ship with this piece."). I was not told how to get the adaptor if you already have a complete MCX that you want to use the upper on your AR lower. I will ask the question again.

2) No reply to why one commercial shows the adaptor in place and another one doesn't show it.

3) Trip levers for full auto fire aren't available for sale. Guess if I ever got the AR upper adaptor, I could try and make a trip.

4) Taper cap suppressor adaptor is available through customer service.

5) One has to interpret their ads/statements VERY carefully. It turns out the up to 50,000 round life only refers to the receiver itself, not any of the other parts attached. Here's the actual quote: "On a rifle such as the MCX, which was required to have an upper receiver that could fire up to 50,000 rounds before failure, it is important for parts to last." Dummy me, I read that and thought the whole upper had a long life. The 20,000 rounds of the Virtus refers to all parts.

Edited to add: I suppose companies sometimes dislike people like me for asking probing questions.

Last edited:

Joebob2

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My wife went with me to the July steel match at CORE and told me she would like to try shooting one. Of course, I immediately interpreted that as a reason to get a new gun! So I bought a S&W Victory from Gander Mountain for a steal, but didn't want to tell her about it (Yeah, I'm still scared of her!) because she told me no more guns for a while. Well, she finally got a day off so we went to the range yesterday afternoon and I took the Victory for her to shoot.

Rewind back to May when I got her a Ruger SR22 for an anniversary present. We only got to go out once together so she only got to shoot it one day. Little did I know, she forgot all about it.

Back to yesterday. I pulled the Vic out and she said, "What gun is that?" I told her it was her new one. She thought it was the one I got for the anniversary. Dang. I've been hiding this thing for three weeks and she didn't even realize it wasn't the same gun!

Good news is, she loved it. We put about 350rds through it and I ran her through some mock steel stages to get her used to the process. After the initial confusion wore off, she actually shot pretty well. Not sure if she will shoot the next one with me but she'll get there!

On a side note, the Victory is really a sweet pistol. I have over 700rds through it so far with absolutely zero hiccups. I may just shoot it in the next match!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I picked up a rifle on Sunday for the first time in 15 months and shot the MS State CQB match. Instead of wearing a camera on my head, like I usually do, I mounted it to my rifle and I think the video turned out pretty cool.

Rifle cam:

3rd Person:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just couldn't help it huh? Already got trigger and sights ordered I assume?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I only got it because it was the same price as a Gen 4 17 with GSSF. Already got Dawson sights in a drawer. Gonna leave the trigger stock for the GSSF match. My DK trigger is in my 17 MOS, which is about to get a red dot on top.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    picked up my suppressor yesterday...first one and had some time to try it out! About 11 month wait so I doubt I'll look for another anytime soon; hopefully laws will change over the next few years to make them accessible and less expensive

IMG_0375.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0375.JPG
      IMG_0375.JPG
      91 KB · Views: 173

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Not really gun stuff.... but my better half bought me an Infidel for my birthday today. Pretty excited.
    944b0d66371075bfc57b63db13cd3b68.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yesterday I went up to Vinegar Bend to chrono some new .40 test loads, practice with my Limited gun, zero the optic on my G17 MOS, and put some rounds through the new Gen 5 G17.

VxaOFpd.jpg

I found a good 170PF .40 load, I just need to change the OAL and the powder charge on my press and start cranking some out. I did a lot of unloaded starts, barrel pick-up starts, and distance change-up drills.

3MOWMLr.jpg

My Edge got too hot to touch a few times, so I did a little practice with the 17 MOS and absolutely fell in love with it.

BSZH67l.jpg

Minor recoil, no compensator blast, the dot just seems to come back down and settle. If I had discovered how fun it was, I would have put my Open guns down months ago and switched to Carry Optics. I'm going to stick with Limited until the MS State Limited in a few weeks, but I'll be shooting CO after that.

Here is an unloaded start, 15yd plate rack run with the MOS:

I discovered that the Dawson sights I put on the Gen 5 G17 are shooting over 4 inches high at 15yds and the set I put on my G26 are 2.5 inches high at the same distance. I've got an email into Dawson to see if their "Perfect Impact Policy" applies if I bought the sight sets from Amazon. If not, I'll be ordering new front sights for both before the GSSF match in October. Or I may go with an adjustable set for the G17.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    put the Rem 700 and the FAL on top of the entertainment center to look at since I havent done anything else gun related in MONTHS!!! I'm seriously having withdrawals. Waiting on my 2 stamps to show up any day now, suiting up my new chevy, and working like a slave.

On the upside, daughter is now in pre-k 5 days a week which should allow me Thursday mornings at the range!!!! Yippie!!

I've been MIA around here lately. Havent lost interest, lost time.....and bought a boat and truck this year, hahaha.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yesterday I went up to Vinegar Bend to chrono some new .40 test loads, practice with my Limited gun, zero the optic on my G17 MOS, and put some rounds through the new Gen 5 G17.

VxaOFpd.jpg

I found a good 170PF .40 load, I just need to change the OAL and the powder charge on my press and start cranking some out. I did a lot of unloaded starts, barrel pick-up starts, and distance change-up drills.

3MOWMLr.jpg

My Edge got too hot to touch a few times, so I did a little practice with the 17 MOS and absolutely fell in love with it.

BSZH67l.jpg

Minor recoil, no compensator blast, the dot just seems to come back down and settle. If I had discovered how fun it was, I would have put my Open guns down months ago and switched to Carry Optics. I'm going to stick with Limited until the MS State Limited in a few weeks, but I'll be shooting CO after that.

Here is an unloaded start, 15yd plate rack run with the MOS:

I discovered that the Dawson sights I put on the Gen 5 G17 are shooting over 4 inches high at 15yds and the set I put on my G26 are 2.5 inches high at the same distance. I've got an email into Dawson to see if their "Perfect Impact Policy" applies if I bought the sight sets from Amazon. If not, I'll be ordering new front sights for both before the GSSF match in October. Or I may go with an adjustable set for the G17.

I got an email back from Dawson that told me that they will honor the Perfect Impact Policy and send me a couple new front sights. I'm going to group both guns at 20 or 25yds and get a better measurement before I send them the new sight height measurements, though.

A few USPSA buddies and I are planning on getting in some practice this weekend. I'm going to make sure this new .40 load runs well in my gun before loading up a couple thousand.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I made a quick range trip yesterday to sight in the Trijicon and run some 9mm thru a few different pistols. It was bittersweet...
    First, the Trijicon Accupower is an awesome scope. The 1-8x makes for easy shooting out to 150 yds (as far as ERGC will reach). Glass is extremely clear from edge to edge and the lighted reticle is daylight bright, not lost in the shadows. This is my first FFP scope and I can see the benefits and downsides to it. Shooting the scope at 1x is very similar to a red dot and with such a large window shooting both eyes open is easy.
    The down side of the trip was my ccw started light striking various ammo. A generous clean/inspect then reshoot is in order. I'm sure the aftermarket trigger and light springs play a part but I'll tear it apart tomorrow.
    The weather this week will be awesome to shoot in.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Set off about 80 rds pf 223 late today to check out a long barrel Ar I found in the back of the safe, after about 40 rds and was hitting the plate but couldn't get it to be conceit , I went back to the basic, started checking things, mount was not tie, and the rings was not also. So started over, love to hit these plate's. just my 5 cents jj

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Damn jj, if you need me to show you how to install the rings and mount (??) on a AR just let me know.
    Oh,wait,it's not sitting on top of that carry handle is it ?? Naaaaaawwww i'm not gettin' involved in that. --- SAWMAN

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sawman go get a cup of coffee and set down. that's what I'm doing , just need someone to remind me what I need to do today and what I didn't do yesterday or last year, come over and help me and do something good got a lot of projects setting a round, trying to rebuild a stihl ms 460 , could need help, it don't go bang so it has got me wright more on removing the crank shaft, so you up to it, just my 5 cents jj

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I will absolutely help you all I can jj.
    First - - - > If you need the phone number or address of A1 Small Engine in Cantonment,just let me know.
    Second - - -> If you need a recommendation for a "good" saw . . . . . buy a Husky.
    There,problems solved. Your welcome.
    Your friend ---> SAWMAN

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Can't afford Scott a A-1 got a good saw, just being nice and loaned it out to some one did't know what they were doing, Was just tying to get you out side so you would have a little space to move around in you wheel chair. just my 5 cents jj

Top Bottom