• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I am afraid you will not be happy. I have one and really don't see what any fuss would be about. Mine is not as sturdy as my cheaper one, and I don't see any way to tighten it? I would like it if it was rock solid like it should be for the cost.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Interesting.
    Where'd you buy yours?
    I ask because after much research, that sounds like the chief complaint about the knock-offs. There is supposed to be some flex and give to keep it from hopping like other designs can (and what's kept me away from bipods for years).
    Does it have the adjustment knob at the bottom? Most importantly, does said adjustment knob stay put?

Last edited:

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Iam sad to say it was on a rifle i traded for and possibly could be a knock off, although it is clearly marked . I will check it out better tonight, i took it off and put it in my parts box.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Iam sad to say it was on a rifle i traded for and possibly could be a knock off, although it is clearly marked . I will check it out better tonight, i took it off and put it in my parts box.
    Can you spot the fake? Although it's hard, one dead giveaway is the shiny plated finish on the "steel" as opposed to being machined stainless.
    06df049413031673d01421e9d80197e8.jpg

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Happy to say that I have been completely satisified with my Harris Engineering 9-13S and my 6-9S for quite a few years now.
    Added PodLoc to both 8 years ago. They are still going strong. ---- SAWMAN

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I want to say mine is machined aluminum, but my memory won't allow it. I do remember thinking it was very well made . Yes they do look close, but i say the top one is fake.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Can you spot the fake? Although it's hard, one dead giveaway is the shiny plated finish on the "steel" as opposed to being machined stainless.
    06df049413031673d01421e9d80197e8.jpg

So what do you prefer the fake or the real one? I know alot of people in the high end airgun world love the Atlas Bi-Pod's. I never really liked the look and don't really use bi-pods on the airguns and the ones I buy for the powder burners I just get from amazon the old fashion ones with the springs. They have not let me down yet for the money... I think they run around 17-18 bucks each.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    The Atlas is more streamlined and lighter than the Harris, but I liked my harris better because of the more solid feel. Dan is your Atlas solid or does it have some wiggle in it ?

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I think Harris would've been fine for me, but I REALLY like the idea of being able to pan from target to target without moving the legs since, unlike the static range, at 2 gun you shoot more than one target and they're often widely spaced. I also like the idea of being able to lock at 45 forward to shoot off barricades, which we do a whole lot of. I considered a knockoff, just to see if I liked the interface, but this video at 14:45 was enough for me to bite the bullet. I can't have the POS loosening tension every time I transition. Not at a day long match $60 in fees later and an hour and a half away. No way.
    https://youtu.be/8yn9IQXbyQQ
    I don't mind spending on something I'll get good use out of, and I think I will in this case, it was just tough to do without ever having touched one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    The looseness he's talking about is on a fake (the prosthetic colored one) because it's fake. I don't know that they have different generations...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can report 1 sight in session @ ergc. And a real "workout" @ core. Both belly flop prone and baricade. (Got the Prarie dog). No failures to report at this time. All stayed right and tight. I would like to note how much t liked the little mono pod. I found several usages for it , during the "workout". Going to shoot production PRS next season. After the gearup, kestrel and Bushnell rangefinder combo. I was gun poor, so cut a little corners on bipod and tripod. So far so good. I will post any negatives as and if they happen. Dan1612, you shooting the season finale?
    feaeed422a6fec1500ef7f020d96e88b.jpg
    8d7a2e1a8e7436acc90e850cf4bb6512.jpg
    da1fa73a9719eb2b3ee1c0f4d138701d.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom