• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bushnell 20250kc elite and kestrel sportsman combo.? Anyone have this combo , for solutions? What do you think? Getting ready for PRS next season, down to electronics. Both guns are sub moa @ 100. Confirmed yesterday @ ERGC. going to run them out to 980 tomorrow if the wind dies down. Also trying some 175s out of the 26 inch barrel for 800 plus. ANY input would be great ! Still waiting on the brakes from jp but that should not affect POI.
    e88db19bb5d7778dbaa6413a08fe0917.jpg
    fortunately both the "girls" liked the Hornady 168 with sub 1/2 inch and back to back same hole groups out of the remmy. ( witnessed) Hornady "black" 168 produced 3/4 to 1/2

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Picked up my new AR 10 (Diamondback DB10 18" Barrel .308) Swapped out the stock and grip. Mounted scope and installed the YHM QD for the YHM Ti-QD Suppressor.

This will be my first AR10 platform. Might head up to property this am to try it out.

rMHt6N4.jpg

SoDUEzZ.jpg

aCVEGk7.jpg

nxMPFKk.jpg

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    As prices keep creeping down, I'm more tempted to join in the AR10 game.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Signed up today for a carbine course in December and looking forward to the Sage Dynamics pistol course in January.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Hey kendive, Them cast iron skillet's for show or do you still use them :welcome:

I use them and love cooking with them. I also collect them... There are a couple up there that are just for collecting Like the little ashtray one... Just wanted it nobody smokes in this house. LOL

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well went up to the property and shot the AR10 very impressed with it so far. Just shot maybe at 30 yards for now Un-Suppressed and then Suppressed.

Daezee showed up just so I could take some vids of his sig .223 upper with the M16 Lower shooting full auto. I got to meet his son in law also...

Stayed tuned!!! Videos to be posted soon.

Well back to the Diamondback DB10 18" .308. Very nice for the money... No jams shooting that cheap freedom munitions 308 stuff. The spent brass was still in good shape and re-loadable, That is always a plus.

Some pics of me sighting it in for the first time. I was not trying to be sub moa or whatever just getting it on paper and a little high for next time that will be at 200 yards shooting at a 12" steel target. The fun stuff.

*** Still gotta find a better charging handle because I would like to move the scope back some more and it's gonna block it and it has to have some sort of Bi-Pod on it... :)

4VdQ7ta.jpg

00kUPKq.jpg

12.7 lbs with the suppressor attached and an empty 10 rd mag. I wonder what the Ruger Precision weights?

5zfSYy3.jpg

CTumKt8.jpg

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    kendive took pics and video of my "M16 MCX" this morning for editing into a video to post to the forum. In one mag dump the recoil was throwing me off balance. I asked him to include that as a "blooper". As light weight as that full auto setup is, it's probably best to shoot it in bursts instead of mag dumps.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    180 rounds now fired with the MCX upper on M16 lower. Took it apart this afternoon. No noticed abnormal wear noticed. You can see from Ken's pics that the upper is wider than the lower, but it doesn't look bad to me.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    180 rounds now fired with the MCX upper on M16 lower. Took it apart this afternoon. No noticed abnormal wear noticed. You can see from Ken's pics that the upper is wider than the lower, but it doesn't look bad to me.

I think it looks great!!! Just let us know when you want to sell it. I will start the bid at 32k cash. LOL

You could probably get 40+K for it for sure...

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I doubt it. I call it a "M 16" because people understand "M 16". Actually, it's a P.A.W.S. ZX16A1, not a real COLT. They made a few thousand of them on partially machined Olympic Arms lowers. I still like it, and it works. I am trying to shoot it more. Got it in the late 1980's and have fired a total of 10,227 rounds through it with various bbls and calibers.

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I doubt it. I call it a "M 16" because people understand "M 16". Actually, it's a P.A.W.S. ZX16A1, not a real COLT. They made a few thousand of them on partially machined Olympic Arms lowers. I still like it, and it works. I am trying to shoot it more. Got it in the late 1980's and have fired a total of 10,227 rounds through it with various bbls and calibers.

Nevertheless, you're incredibly lucky to have a real full auto lower. You won't have any issue getting serious cash when you're ready to sell. Solid investment that appreciates more and more every year. There's a small part of me that would sell the guns I have now and use the funds for a real MP5. I'd love to do it but I never will. I have a few that I would be hard pressed to replace. One of which is the Arsenal I bought from you. Love that rifle!! Got a few buddies that are trying to get me to sell it.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Super stoked to find a spare striker block spring for a M&P. The Apex one was slightly bent and I was having some trigger issues.
    While installing said spring the cover slips and the spring shoots off into the black abyss of Never-Neverland...guess I'll wait till Monday to call S&W. Smh...

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    kendive just sent this pic of me shooting the MCX/M16. I like it!

M16.jpg

Attachments

• M16.jpg
      M16.jpg
      499.5 KB · Views: 114

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Went to the Robertsdale Gun show today. The only thing that got my juices flowing was a Ruger Red Hawk 45ACP/45 Colt convertible but the price is currently out of my range. Maybe if I sell my Blackhawk I could make up the $$$ difference. :pray2:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I did a lot of gun stuff yesterday.

First, I figured out a way to work up test loads on the 1050 by removing the bullet feeder, stacking a couple Lee powder measure risers, and taking a dremel to a powder funnel:

9CulTKx.jpg

This worked a lot better than having to break out the turret press. I ended up loading 150 rounds worth of test loads, using 3 different powders. I hate having to work up new loads, but my current load is extremely smoky out of my Glocks and is so bad that it sometimes obscures targets. Hopefully I'll get a chance to shoot them this week, if the weather and time allows.

I also did some dry fire, then I modified a holster I got a few weeks ago. It started like this:

0pkrqpK.jpg

It's a great holster, but the screw circled in red wasn't allowing me to get a great grip on the gun in the holster. I spoke to the maker and he said that he almost didn't include that screw and that it would be fine for me to remove it and shape it as I prefer. This was my first time working with kydex and I think it turned out ok. I learned a lot, including the fact that a polishing drum on a dremel will cut grooves in kydex in a moment.

j9szTly.jpg

It's much better now. Easy to draw and get a complete grip before it ever comes out of the holster.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I have not done to much lately. The other day, I was helping a guy on another forum with some info about a M16A1 clone he wants to build. In doing so, I discovered that I was missing a M16A1 clone from the Dec. 1967-1970 time frame. Fortunately, I already have a few pieces on hand for the build. I did have to order a receiver set from Nodak Spud along with a charging handle. I ordered the 20" A1 profile 1/12 barrel assembly from Brownells. I am working on getting an original M16 LPK ordered from the folks at Indiana Army Surplus this week. All in all, somewhere around June 2018, I should have it done.

Top Bottom