• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    My dad and I went to the range yesterday morning. I worked on the draw/shoot from concealment drills, transitioning between targets and then a mag dump to see how quick the apex trigger can be.
    https://youtu.be/TFczfaxPMI0

Last edited:

SCTaylor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Major matches have been causing me stress over the past few months.

Heh me too! Last year I was too new/stupid to know that majors were supposed to be hard! I've got 2 on the schedule for the remainder of the year and probably will do Gator again as the year ender.

My dad and I went to the range yesterday morning. I worked on the draw/shoot from concealment drills, transitioning between targets and then a mag dump to see how quick the apex trigger can be.
    https://youtu.be/TFczfaxPMI0

That's pretty damn quick!

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I should've took a picture of the shot timer the first time I did it. I was pretty consistent around .15 splits. I was a little slower in the video, pretty fun though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Started building 2 shooting tables. Kendive donated wood and some recycled screws. Son in law donated his tools, workshop, lag bolts, Thompsons water seal and his wood working expertise. I hauled the wood from Ken's place. Got wood cut for both frames and all legs and finished one frame with legs. Son in law's dad loaned his trailer for hauling. Gotta get some wood for the tops, more screws, and apply the water seal then haul the tables to the shooting area. Feels VERY sturdy so far, and the top will make it more so. Kinda wobbly at first, but every added piece of wood made it firmer. I'm thinking of putting down some paving blocks for the legs to sit on.

IMG_1354.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1354.jpg
      IMG_1354.jpg
      488.3 KB · Views: 235

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Suggest no paving blocks. Dig small holes about 4 inches deep to set the legs in. Make sure to level and take out all wobble by adding subtracting a little dirt from each hole. Will be super sturdy. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Suggest no paving blocks. Dig small holes about 4 inches deep to set the legs in. Make sure to level and take out all wobble by adding subtracting a little dirt from each hole. Will be super sturdy. --- SAWMAN

Only had enough 4x4's to make legs long enough if they sat on top of the ground + we may be moving the tables under a roof when not being used for 2 weeks or more. Except for the top, it's all salvaged (free) wood. Might set one up at the edge of my goat pasture during deer season and watch for shootable deer (aka "Big Doe") on the neighbor's property (I have permission to hunt) with my Ruger Precision sighted in for the distance. But then my goats would want to jump up on it.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Today I loaded 600 rounds of .40 minor ammo, cleaned my 2011 mags, and packed up ammo for the Jabs Extreme Steel Targets Challenge this coming weekend. I'm shooting 2 divisions, taking 4 guns, and over 2000 rounds of ammo in 3 calibers. I still need to wipe down and lube my guns, as well as dry fire this week.

db9d7913fe7c8ca3f237db3aed6ba103.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Today I loaded 600 rounds of .40 minor ammo, cleaned my 2011 mags, and packed up ammo for the Jabs Extreme Steel Targets Challenge this coming weekend. I'm shooting 2 divisions, taking 4 guns, and over 2000 rounds of ammo in 3 calibers. I still need to wipe down and lube my guns, as well as dry fire this week.

db9d7913fe7c8ca3f237db3aed6ba103.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    ddabb539563bddb22dafb3fe87db1a1a.gif

SCTaylor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last edited:

SCTaylor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got the SA 1911 slicked up with a new recoil spring, hammer spring, fresh lube and a Dawson ICE magwell. Holy geez is that thing slick & easy to reload now! All that's left is to replace the flat back front sight with a fiber optic and she'll be ready to rumble. Plan on hitting the range this Sunday morning for a long practice session for breaking and elimination of a live fire flinch.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I got bored Saturday night and organized some mags and AR parts in the gun room
    228a6318c9d5d4e558229a2f514a29a6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A couple of suprises at the Range today.
    While playing with BUGS: my 20yo IWI 380 backup with its rudimentary sights and .75" less barrel length: out shot my G42 @ 25 yards. Made me happy and disappointed at the same time, Lol. Now I need to check how my wife's G42 does at that distance.

No flamming pig for me! Put 170 rds of Tula (55gn, steel case) through the Sig P556. Ran flawlessly. Its 21" OAL with a 10.5" barrel. Standard A2 MD. It was cloudy/overcast, plus the shade from the roof. I was looking for muzzel flash which is common on short barrel .223/5.56. Neither of us saw a spec of flash while firing or viewing from the sides. He took some vid with his phone (low tech) when I "ran" thru 30 rounds. Play-paused the vid several times: no flash captured. Flash can purchase is scrapped. I don't shoot much 5.56 so the extra MV is moot for my application and purging the 55gn in favor of 62gn as I go.

My much younger shootin buddy is now bringing boxes of 45APC on our range trips. He doesn't have a gun for it. It appears he has a taste for shooting 1911s. I have given him fair warning on potential addiction and he laughed! I don't need a Crystal Ball on this one.

SCTaylor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Punched the ticket on a Springfield RO in 45... I'm in trouble fellas. My wife doesn't know and I gotta figure out how to pay it off! Haha. And convert the press to 45!

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Punched the ticket on a Springfield RO in 45... I'm in trouble fellas. My wife doesn't know and I gotta figure out how to pay it off! Haha. And convert the press to 45!
    We're here for ya! Not much we can do, but we're here for ya.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went to ERGC this morning and watched it rain until I was sick of it. Swam back to Five Points and had a sandwich at Santinos and returned to ERGC. By then it had quit raining and I resumed my frustrating trials with my Shield. It was awful. I'm finally to the point that I really believe a large part of the problem is it being a striker fired pistol, and I just can't handle the trigger. My other pistols are hammer fired and of course are bigger, but I shoot them SOOOOO much better.

I really think I should consider a smaller hammer fired pistol, but as everybody knows the used Shield values are in the tank thanks to S&W's low prices and rebates. I sure don't blame anybody for taking advantage of them. Anyone have a suggestion on Shield-sized hammer fired pistol that I might take a look at? I'm open to just about anything at this point.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sig p938. For me it was a great pocket gun, 1911-ish in function and pretty smooth trigger. I had the hogue rubber grips to give it a little larger palm swell, the recoil was very manageable for it's size.

Top Bottom