• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I got some more stuff ordered for my upcoming two retro builds. Found an older Colt barrel assembly and got a bunch of lower assembly parts and a few upper assembly parts. I am working on a trade with a guy for an upper for my XM16E1 build. I may be trading him an early M16 port door (worth about $125) for a "no-forge" A1 upper. The port door came on the Vietnam era M16 Training Rifle aka "Rubber Duck" that I picked up a couple weeks ago. Since I replaced that port door with a correct A1 port door, I had no use for the early one. I was able to get a value on it and decided to put it up for sale. The guy that appraised it for me is the one that wants to trade. I will know more in a few days. The early M16 port door is worth nearly half of what I paid for the Rubber Duck. What a great thing to have.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got some cleaning to do

ForumRunner_20150428_183107.png

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150428_183107.png
      ForumRunner_20150428_183107.png
      251.7 KB · Views: 101

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    just signed up for my very first USPSA match.....now back to dry-fire practice so I can beat the Beard!

StorMay05

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Took my cousin shooting for the first time, kinda. She has shot two rounds from a pistol before today but that's it. Let her put some lead through the .45, educated her on the different shotgun rounds, let the 12 gauge make her shoulder sore, and finally she put some rounds done range with the AR, both 5.56 and with the .22 conversion in it.

Best part is she really enjoyed it especially the AR, and is ready to go again.

She's a decent shot too, but most the women in my family are.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    That's the beard we know and love. Anywho...gun stuff, ordered some parts for the xdm, looked at some other gun parts and debating about wasting my 7 clams at the gun show this weekend.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    doing a lot of scope research for my new rifle..losing auctions(good thing lol). Signed up for USPSA this weekend. Tomorrow I'm getting 2 Jogan holsters and picking up my TRP.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    doing a lot of scope research for my new rifle..losing auctions(good thing lol). Signed up for USPSA this weekend. Tomorrow I'm getting 2 Jogan holsters and picking up my TRP.

Jogan and I are in Squad 2. I'm not sure if the squads on the Practiscore website will stick, though. Last time, they squaded based on what division you were shooting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I haven't gotten the email approving me either the squad yet I guess. I looked up the last couple scores and didn't see anyone shooting single stack so hopefully I can get with you guys Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edit nevermind I went back and checked i put myself in squad 2.

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I haven't gotten the email approving me either the squad yet I guess. I looked up the last couple scores and didn't see anyone shooting single stack so hopefully I can get with you guys Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edit nevermind I went back and checked i put myself in squad 2.

Looks like there is one seat available in the USPSA short bus if you want to carpool. I can pick you up on the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I went over to Styx River Shooting Center this morning to meet a friend of mine and his wife (seated behind me). He bought a new AR a few months back and had not taken it out for its maiden voyage. So, I went over and helped him get it zeroed (iron sights only) and teach he and his wife how to use it. It was their first time shooting an AR. He had a hard time with his vision and using the iron sights. I let him shoot one of my AR with an Aimpoint PRO on it. He liked it since all he had to do was put the dot where he wanted it and squeeze the trigger. After talking with another man there, he was considering a scope. I told him about the 1-4x24 scopes that are available and that come illuminated with a red dot in the center. I sent him some links to a few of the 1-4x24 scopes and a link to a mount (American Defense RECON) when I got home. I just spoke with him and he has decided to get the Primary Arms 1-4x24 scope and the AD RECON mount. Since it is just going to be a range gun and a HD weapon, there was no need for anything more than that. The PA 1-4x24 scope is a very simple and easy to use scope. I also directed him to PSA to buy a case of Federal LC XM193. Needless to say, the next range trip with them will be to zero his scope. It was a good morning.

Last edited:

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    cool deal James!

I havent been to the range in quite some time now. Work is demanding me more than ever, the toddler has stole my heart, I just cant find time to go. Gonna need to get out there sometime soon though, itchin' for it

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Kenny, I am sure you do have your hands full these days. Being a new daddy has its joys and its downsides. Fortunately, I have a lot more time on my hands. I even have two guys that I e-mail with that I am trying to help with their AR decisions. One of the guys called me tonight from Texas. We spoke for a while. Last night, A guy called me from CT and we talked about retro stuff for about 1 1/2 hours. We are working on a trade with some vintage AR parts.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Picked up my Springfield TRP from Kenny's Gun Room and went over to Jogan's to get some holsters for my girls. Never thought OWB carry could be so comfortable. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430364752.887330.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430364752.887330.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430364752.887330.jpg
      73.5 KB · Views: 106

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Met the natural gas crew at the farm, they had to go to the DOT to get a permit to boer under 85, State of FL gets involved and all of a sudden a simple deal, a 3/4 inch line boer, turns into a huge goat roping, complete with lane closings and flag men. Why?, because the state widened 85 putting the main gas line to close to their pavement. Amazing, just damned amazing. Now I get to pay that tab along with 1/4 mile of line.

Got my new 6 ton press put together and made up 5 domed baffles for my 358 can set. Maybe I will get to continue testing on the can before I expire of old age.
    Ed

Top Bottom