• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    What size is the steel at 500 yards?
    It's an IPSC sillouette, so 18x30 maybe?
    It's prep for 2gun, figuring out holds, so not really a precision exercise by any means.
    The fruits of the labor:
    10a3a8d80fed61ee364362cd12da61da.jpg

FWIW, I was steady at about 2MOA with PMC 193 while sighting in at 100 and 200.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Can anybody tell me what the tall shiny cartridge on the right is?
    It looks very similar to 5.45, but it has a 223 headstamp.
    In the photo:
    223, 6.5 Grendel, 7.62x39, and mystery cartridge.
    95627943210fe42a762a92be23e000a1.jpg

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just curious how this is to work with dry firing. Do you just try to keep it in your sights?

The 2 main methods to shoot a moving target are to either track it or trap it. My main reason for building the swinger is to get my eyes used to what the sights/dot look like on a swinging target, in order to learn to call my shots better. I've never shot swingers in practice (too inefficient), so my only experience with them has been in matches.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Too skinny to be 6mm. I think it's a longer than mag length extra heavy single round handfed type 223. They make such things in up to 90 grain varieties. Very interesting. Here's a Berger 90 I found online next to a regular 223:
    044a02f0a5ef1726559cc0924c3df38b.jpg

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Was not planning on taking my thermal equipped SBR to Georgia when I go deer hunting this year, but my brother has been having some armadillo problems. Not enough time to get ATF OK to bring the SBR, so I took the thermal off and put it on my 2nd RARR Blackout. Nice sunny day with no clouds, perfect for thermal sighting in on the **target I use, so I took it to the range and sighted it on at 55yd. Why 55yd?...with my hog hunting load, it puts it +/- 1" out to 160yd, and I doubt I'd shoot that far in the dark...I'd try to get closer.

**= black poster board with small piece of aluminum tape in the center. Poster board gets hot facing the sun; aluminum tape reflects sun and doesn't get hot. Set thermal on black hot and set crosshairs to black. Black crosshairs against white (cooler tape) = cheap daylight thermal sighting in target. Plug holes in poster board with black pastors. Plug holes in aluminum tape with more aluminum tape.

Last edited:

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well I pulled the trigger and went ahead and bought two Franklin Armory 5550 BFSIII Triggers one for AR Platforms and one for the HK trigger groups gonna install the AR version in the 9mm Pistol and the HK one in one of my MP5's

They were on sale got the AR version for 385 and the HK one for 629... Free shipping. Just had to try them out... It's only money. LOL

I will update with a review when I get them and play around with them.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I pulled the trigger and went ahead and bought two Franklin Armory 5550 BFSIII Triggers one for AR Platforms and one for the HK trigger groups gonna install the AR version in the 9mm Pistol and the HK one in one of my MP5's
    They were on sale got the AR version for 385 and the HK one for 629... Free shipping. Just had to try them out... It's only money. LOL
    I will update with a review when I get them and play around with them.

Are you getting use out of those Armours Manuals?

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FINALLY got out to the range, it has been quite some time.

Put around 80-100 rds of 22lr through my new aac pilot 2 on my ruger 22/45 lite. Loads and loads of fun. Only downside to having a suppressor at a public range, is not everyone else does, and therefore it kinda defeats the purpose...until you're not at a public range. Otherwise, love it. I was also able to dial in my Burris red-dot on top of the 22/45 and get it burning holes on top of each other. Time for a trigger.

Also, pushed 45 rds through my 300blk build. Had some initial issues but after about 8-10 rounds it started running as to be expected. Ejection has every round bouncing off the deflector and exiting at about the 4 o'clock mark every single time. Should be perfect with the suppressor attached. Would not function subs properly unsuppressed, again, should run like a top with the suppressor attached. Very pleased with this build so far.

Did have 1 major/minor issue with the 300 though. Buffer spring is breaking off 1/4" pieces off the end, I have caught 3 pieces upon disassembly. It is a shockwave tech buffer spring and tube (KAK specifically) so we'll see what they say. I've already spoke with Rebecca in their customer service dept and it sounds like they're gonna remedy without question. I am requesting a new spring and tube, we'll see.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Are you getting use out of those Armours Manuals?

Yes I have used them a few times now messing with the UMP and the MP5's.

Also we will be taking the camper to St. Andrews State Park next month my offer to buy you lunch still stands. We most likely will have the grand baby she is almost four now.

I will PM you the details and see if we can meet up.

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finished putting on and aligning 3 more sets of Dawson Precision competition sights on my 3 Glocks that did not already have them. It was distracting seeing different sights with each different division I was shooting last Sunday. Now they are all the same.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Kenny, if it did run subs uncanned, it would be overgassed with canned supers. It's a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Spent some range time at CORE sighting in and running the rmr on a m&p. After a few minutes working on the draw to pick the dot up, it was pretty easy shooting both eyes open running plate racks. Glad I moved into the "cool kid" division.
    It was also fun shooting steel at ranges between 100 to 800 yds.
    ea0243a350b2fb05cb72ce42a1efb232.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Spent some range time at CORE sighting in and running the rmr on a m&p. After a few minutes working on the draw to pick the dot up, it was pretty easy shooting both eyes open running plate racks. Glad I moved into the "cool kid" division.
    It was also fun shooting steel at ranges between 100 to 800 yds.
    ea0243a350b2fb05cb72ce42a1efb232.jpg

But , but a .223 won't hit anything past 500 yrds.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    But , but a .223 won't hit anything past 500 yrds.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Haha, but apply the right amount of "Kentucky windage"...

Top Bottom