• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Busy gun day for me. I woke up in time to go shoot USPSA, but decided it was way too hot to go bake for several hours, so I slept in a bit, and went to Santa Rosa Shooting Center.
    At the range, I shot my suppressed AAC Rem700, which was very nice. 308 suppresses much better out of a bolt gun than AR10, no gas in the face, and superb accuracy, and the MK4 has beautiful glass. I also sighted in the irons on my SBR, and got a solid zero on my BCM truck gun pistol, I love that gun! Then I went to the pistol range, and ran a few rounds through my carry gun, and ran some drills with my WC 92G. DA is so smooth, my groups are just as tight as shooting SA. I had not shot the 92G in over a year, and I believe this thing is the honey badger of pistols. Light loads, heavy loads, hot loads, weak loads, steel, aluminum, brass, it doesn't give a f****, it just eats it and asks for more.
    Then I got home and unpacked my new SPARC AR, and it's a really neat piece of kit. Aimpoint Micro style sight, for just a few more pesos than a Micro Larue mount. I'm sure it won't be my last. I will say that I don't care for the Eotech style interface, but for a range, practice, or backup gun, it's perfect. The Tango Down style cover is cute and shows that they actually do market research, and is very nice for someone that uses such a thing, but not really my thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    When you get ready to sell the sparc AR let me know... ;)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    I built my FIRST AR ever! (sort of) Here's the set up; I wanted to build an AR but for my first build I wanted to go as cheap as possible in case I F'ed something up and didn't wanted to be worried about scratching something as I learned as I went. I had a fare amount of take off's from 2 AR's I own and upgraded, so I started with that and bought or traded for the rest. So, today was the day that I finally got everything I needed and I started the build. Here we go! I started with the lower and was 2 minutes into the build when I realized I forgot to buy a part!!! LOL! I will not bore everyone with the rest of the details but I ended up with a completed upper and lower minus the buffer tube assembly and a take down detent that is somewhere in my workshop after having launched like the Space Shuttle! I need to order 3 small minor parts to finish the lower. Had fun and learned a lot for my NEXT build! Now I understand why TackleberryMCS has so many AR's lol.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mike, if you need a detent, and spring, let me know, I can give you a set since I have a few extras. I'll also give you my installation tool. Makes the job way too easy.

Last edited:

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Mike, if you need a detent, and spring, let me know, I have a few extras. I'll also let you borrow my installation tool. Makes the job way too easy.

Thanks! I really appreciate that and will take you up on that offer. I will PM you

Chaos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    AR -10 6.5 Creedmoor

Picked up my new AR 10 from Live Free armory, 6.5 Creedmoor, 22 in ballistic advantage heavy stainless barrel, pws muzzle brake, time to take it to the range and get it broken in!

Attachments

• IMG_3811.jpg
      IMG_3811.jpg
      605.2 KB · Views: 203
    • IMG_3814.jpg
      IMG_3814.jpg
      633.7 KB · Views: 198

Joebob2

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Loaded my first ever rounds today! Only did 10 and will shoot them before loading more. Don't want to screw too many up!

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Brown truck Santa came with my package from BCM.
    So after work, I dressed up my Dissy. Big time stoked!!!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1472086869.266037.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1472088623.814752.jpg
    Also a GCGF member came by to pick up a takedown detent. Can't wait to see his build.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1472086869.266037.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1472086869.266037.jpg
      28.1 KB · Views: 258
    • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1472088623.814752.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1472088623.814752.jpg
      26.9 KB · Views: 246
    Last edited:

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Brown truck Santa came with my package from BCM.
    So after work, I dressed up my Dissy. Big time stoked!!!
    View attachment 46823
    View attachment 46824
    Also a GCGF member came by to pick up a takedown detent. Can't wait to see his build.

Thanks for that detent! Nice to have have guys on GCGF willing to help out a fellow member! I should be able to complete the build this weekend and I will post pics.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I haven't done much except dry fire lately, but I did swap out my VZ Diamondback grips for a set of VZ Palm Swell Diamondbacks on my Shadow last week. The new grips are amazing. Not much difference from the old ones, but the small difference feels a ton better.

IMG_20160825_063103_zpslapvmysd.jpg

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    That looks like a set of Jerry M grips.
    Ed

They're Hogue, I picked them up while wasting time at field and stream, not sure how much I like the round butt yet, I'll try them out for a couple days.

Top Bottom