• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Ken and I also brought our 20 gauge Mossberg Shockwaves. Took turns firing from the hip at the plastic jug at probably longer range than hip firing would be used for. Each missed a couple, but mostly made hits.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Awesome videos. Thanks for sharing. I have played with the Shockwave, and with a Laserlyte Center Mass laser I can see a good use/purpose for it. So did my brother, and there she went! LOL

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    A couple of pics from the videos. You can see the flame in the flash hider (B52's M11/Nine). Also the Plastic Jug flying up in the air after being hit by a bunch of 9mm.

bhiMhRV.jpg

N7rw64S.jpg

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    My scabbard for my Mossberg shockwave firearm arrived, and since the goats had been skittish when on the neighbors' properties the last 2 times out, I loaded the shockwave with buckshot and carried it in the scabbard slung over my shoulder today. No strain or hassle to carry it that way. Not sure what they were skittish about, be it deer, dogs, or coyotes, but they acted more skittish than when they see deer.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yesterday, I bought another "budget" pistol. This one is a CZ75 P-07 Special Duty. What makes it different than the regular Duty is that it come with a 4.5" barrel (not threaded), night sights and holster. It is an older model but looks like it was never fired and innards still packed in gooey shipping grease.
    Stock photo:

Attachments

• cz_P07__92907.1372693379.1280.1280.jpg
      cz_P07__92907.1372693379.1280.1280.jpg
      26.4 KB · Views: 180

timc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cleaned most of my handguns and wiped down the others with a little oil. Will work on the rifles next week. Went shooting on Friday with the wife. Shot my Henry 22 for the first time. That gun is a lot of fun

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    did some plinking at my brothers yesterday.

spent over 2 hours cleaning my rimfire can today. There's got to be a better way to do this...

picking up some DOT5 brake fluid tomorrow, I wont do it again.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    spent over 2 hours cleaning my rimfire can today. There's got to be a better way to do this...

picking up some DOT5 brake fluid tomorrow, I wont do it again.

There is Don't!!! LOL

I have never cleaned any of my seven cans. I just use them. I have had the Gemtech Outback II .22 since 2003 and it's never been cleaned and still works great.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is Don't!!! LOL

I have never cleaned any of my seven cans. I just use them. I have had the Gemtech Outback II .22 since 2003 and it's never been cleaned and still works great.
    I'm almost there

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    These were not cleaned either. Level of use makes a difference. Cleaning also allows for inspection for cracks, broken welds and baffle strike for those cans that can be broken down.
    http://www.guns.com/2017/03/20/why-you-need-to-clean-your-suppressor-every-so-often-photos/

Yes if I was shooting full auto with the .22 can I might clean it after a while but have so many and each get little use. If I was to pick a can to shoot .22 full auto through probably would be the YHM 9mm Sidewinder anyway. I also use the 9mm cans on .22 mag also. They work great. The little .22 Gemtech mostly is for Walther .22 pistol, 10/22, and the Sig 522. I think in one of the Gemtech suppressor manuals states to use mineral spirits and trans fluid to clean suppressor 50/50 mix and just soak. The one you really have to be careful with and I have never cleaned it anyway in the Gemtech M4-02 .223 Suppressor you absolutely can not have any type of liquid in there pressure is too great.

I do on a regular bases inspect the suppressors inside and out. A nice endoscope with side view mirrors works great for that purpose.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom