• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skippy02

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went yesterday with my father to shoot some new guns and sight some new optics, quality father son time was had I assure you

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Took the last truck load of stock blanks to the shop building this morning. Now have 139 stock blanks "in stock." I also got the Bridgeport head tramed. Sonow to get the lathe.

This is very weird, the lathe last year was $5k now after a devaluation of their money it is $6k. Me thinks a hose job is in process.
    Ed

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, the first time is a pain. If you feel like you need a hammer you probably missed a step that called for putting the mag in or taking it out.

I think the "secret" is uncocking the hammer and releasing spring tension, which can only be done with the magazine in. That allows the grip piece to seat properly. Not the best design but works fine. At least it's reliable

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep. There are a bunch of aftermarket parts and modifications including removing the mag disconnect and trigger improvements but I'm pretty happy with my trigger so far.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Spent time looking at 308 ARs trying to figure out what route I want to go for a light(ish) 308 AR. I have an MWS so just about anything would be lighter. Currently leaning towards a CMMG Mk3 T with a Vortex Sparc II.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Haven't done shit with guns lately, but was browsing the XD forum and found a guy selling a .40s&w - 9mm conversion barrel for the subcompact. Hopefully he still has it and I can get it from him.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Check out the PRP trigger kits. They take a lot of the trigger travel out.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well the trip over here to GA was a trip from hell. Spent 4 days stranded in a rest area with 4 studs broke in the back axel. The guy that put brakes on for me didn't get the lug nuts tight. Of course had to order them and it was sat that we broke down. Someone was looking out for me because I had a front tire go down and the grandson saw the hubcap hanging on buy the extension to fill the inside tire.

The front tire that was going down had a chunk of rubber off the inside part of the tire and the cord was showing. The tires are 3 years old and can't have even 5000 miles on them and this is the 3rd one to blow out or have rubber come off the sidewall. SOOOO. 7 new tires were bought to even get here safely.

Now to the gun part. Haveing to spend that much on tires I hade to lower my standards as it were for the gun I could afford so to speak. Been around Danti to long and was going to spend more than I should for a toy. Not Wilson but something better. I ended up with a Ruger SR1911 with the black finish and a rail that I have no use for.The slide to frame fit wasn't as good as I expected but the bushing is good and tight.

After shooting the Springer with the good trigger this one really SUCKS with the pull weight it has. That can be fixed when I get back over there as I don't know anyone over here. Cleaned it up today and hope to shoot it soon to break it in some.

I sure miss IDPA so keep posting pictures and vids.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Check out the PRP trigger kits. They take a lot of the trigger travel out.

this! I installed the PRP (Powder River Precision) drop-in trigger kit in my xdM and made a HUGE difference! Chris, gotta get in on PRP

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    completed a project I'd been considering for a little while. Filled the hollow guide rod on the xdM with lead today. added 8 3/16oz "worm weight" fishing weights in the guide rod. A little less than 1.5oz considering some of the lead sheared off the sides of each weight. Added a fair amount of weight to the front of the pistol, felt nose heavy without a magazine in the grip. Once a loaded magazine was in place, pistol had superb balance. Excited to shoot it and see how it handles

Not concerned in the least about the lead melting or moving, the melting point of lead is 621 degrees. If my pistol gets that hot its a total loss as I've thrown it in a fire.

Total cost $1.85

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    completed a project I'd been considering for a little while. Filled the hollow guide rod on the xdM with lead today. added 8 3/16oz "live worm" fishing weights in the guide rod. A little less than 1.5oz considering some of the lead sheared off the sides of each weight. Added a fair amount of weight to the front of the pistol, felt nose heavy without a magazine in the grip. Once a loaded magazine was in place, pistol had superb balance. Excited to shoot it and see how it handles

Not concerned in the least about the lead melting or moving, the melting point of lead is 621 degrees. If my pistol gets that hot its a total loss as I've thrown it in a fire.

Total cost $1.85

The frame would melt before the guiderod would. Lol. Just kidding. Very ingenious! Good for you!

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Received and installed my Pat Marlin RockDOCK for my Hornady Progressive. Damn thing is solid as a ....well, you know. This is my second RockDOCK, the other being used for the turret, single stage and lubesizer interchangeably. I can highly recommend these.

Proceeded to knock out 200 .223 rounds just to test it out afterwards.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Did the frog lube treatment on a couple pistols this morning. Taking em to the range in the morning to see how well it performs.
    Ksenter, pretty cool idea on the guide rod. I'm interested too on how it turns out. The PRP trigger is an excellent addition to the xdm.

Skippy02

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bore sighted a guys AR after mounting a Nikon P223 scope to it, tried for the life of me to figure out why mags are not wanting to seat & latch on the AR 9 project rifle and the day before yesterday I did some offset sights on an AR and bore sighted it along with adding a few other components per the guys request. And prior to that I reworked the trigger in the G35 and 10/22 , it's been busy in the little work shop that could and that I'm laying hands on a PMR30, FINALLY!!! Can't wait to tinker with it

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    moving two stackon safes to shop to make room for my new liberty safe in garage, finding a lot of stuff I forgot I had , including some guns lol

Top Bottom